Those of you who know Brett, know that he loves bugs. Well, about three years ago we had a birthday party that was themed "BUGS". Every year since then we have had to make a bug cake or worm cake. This year we tried a new kind of bug cake. It turned out pretty awesome, but you can't see it very well in this picture. I'm hoping maybe next year he'll want to do a different theme, but who knows, we could still be doing a bug cake. 
When the kids in our family turn eight they get their first set of nice scriptures to use. I call this picture "Scripture Power" because our kids love that song and I think that's what Brett was imitating. Brett loves using his scriptures every morning with the family. I know he feels special having his own set and not having to use the cheaper ones that Mike and I just have around the house. 
We went to the REC Center also for Brett. I didn't take my camera because I just wanted to enjoy the night without having to worry about pictures. So as a result, I have none.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Brett's B-day
Posted by camille swain at 8:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
We gave Dallon his own set of scriptures when he turned eight too. He was so excited and really loved knowing they were his. It makes it so special for them. We plan to give all our kids scriptures on their 8th birthday as well. I love that "scripture power" picture of him. How sweet.
Happy Birthday Brett!
P.S. Flat Stanley was mailed back to the school last week. We had fun having him here.
We also have given our kids scriptures for their eighth birthday. I think it's a great tradition. We only have one more to go...Kevin. Weird! By the way, I think if Brett wants a bug cake every year, then do a bug cake. I think that's cute!
Brett is such a sweet boy. Love the Scripture Power picture! We also give scriptures when they turn eight, after all it is the age of responsibility and accountability. Awesome!
Happy Birthday Brett! It's so fun to get your own scriptures! Cute pictures at his baptism. Adorable Cousins! It's tricky to get all those cute kiddos to hold still!
Happy Birthday, Brett. We just did a bug birthday at our house, too. Fun, Fun, Fun! We do the scripture thing on the 8th birthday, too.
Post a Comment