CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Getting our Christmas Tree


Every year since I can remember, we have gone to get a Christmas tree the weekend of Thanksgiving. This year it was a lot of fun because we had all of my sisters there, so it made for a lot of good times. We have been finding a tree for my sister in law for the past few years. This year we went to a new spot, so it was more difficult to find her a tree. I think we looked for a good hour to find her one and still it wasn't my favorite. On the other hand, we found ours within 5 minutes. I only got a few pictures while we were there because my camera battery went dead. I feel bad I didn't get a picture of Mike chopping down our tree, but what do you do when you forget to take your camera while hunting for a tree. There was a fun place for the kids to climb and play. This is where I got the few pictures that I have.


4 comments:

Carrie said...

We used to do that until we about died a couple times, then I got new carpet in the living room and that was the end of that! Glad you had fun..cool pics!

Jaimie said...

That looks like so much fun. I have such fond memories of doing that as a child. We always had a real tree. But it's been years since then. Aaron and I have always had a fake tree. I'm so jealous. What fun memories you are making with your family. I really love the first pic.

Melinda said...

Cute pictures! Getting trees was always a fun memory for me too. Well mostly the sledding and goofing around with my family. I didn't really care about the tree. Hence I have a fake one these days. But I really should carry on the tradition of doing something with my kids on the day after Thanksgiving. :)

Suelyn said...

It was so fun... so cold, but so fun! ha ha I just read Mindy's comment and we haven't been SLEDDING yet! What the?? We should get on that! Cute pics of the boys :)