CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Kids...are so funny

We have been planning to go to Disneyland in June for almost a year now. Well, the two families that were going to go with us couldn't make it on that date. So, we decided to go in September and had told the kids that. They were way bumbed out, but just excepted the fact. Well, we decided we couldn't make it in September and so we worked it out so we could go next month right after tax season with Mel and Teresa and their families. We were super excited to tell the kids and finally decided it was official last night and so we sat the boys down to tell them the good news. (Little side note, I thought when we told them they would be jumping up and down to find out we were leaving in 4 weeks, not 6 months.) As we are telling them the good news they just stood there and said "Oh cool." "How long." Why are we going then?" You get the point. Right after that Ty says, "Can I wear shorts tomorrow, it's going to be over 60 degress?" I said sure and he just jumped up and down over it. Now tell me, doesn't it seem a little more exciting to go to Disneyland than being able to wear shorts in the morning!?!

5 comments:

Katie Hansen said...

I love this. As parents we imagine how things will be only to be wrong. I don't know, I'm kind of excited about shorts season, too.

Carrie said...

Maybe they figure you'll change the date again next week! ;) hahaha!

Debra said...

Too Funny! Kids just don't get excited enough about what we want them to. Just wait until you get there...Disneyland sounds like so much fun!

Tonia Z said...

remember that kids are the ones that like to play with the boxes at christmas instead of the nice christmas gifts that came in them. go figure

Jaimie said...

That's too funny. What Katie said is so true. Whenever we have big exciting news to tell kids I do think we imagine their responses and it's never as good as we hoped for. You guys will have a blast! How fun to go with two of your sisters and their families.